Thursday, November 25, 2010

Where in the world is Ms. Bartlett?

Beginning in October, every month I have been hosting a "Where in the world is Ms. Bartlett?" research challenge in the library. (Yes, it is an homage.) The clues are tough, and while it is aimed at students in grades 4-6 who should be familiar with encyclopedias, atlases, and other reference books, a lot of the younger students in grades 2 and 3 have been avidly participating as well.* November's challenge went like this:

Clue #1:

Clue #2:
Clue #3:

Do you know where I was in November? A group of grade 5 students plugged away at it and got the right answer!

*It should be noted that some of the younger students were very confused by the clues since I was standing right in front of them, so how could I possibly be somewhere else? Once it was cleared up that it was all make-believe (and that I hadn't just "sat around at Tim Horton's like other grown-ups"), things went swimmingly.

No comments: