Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ms. Bartlett's Picks of the Week - January 8-12


Piggie Pie! by Margie Palatini, illustrated by Howard Fine

Gritch the Witch is hungry and has a hankering for a piggie pie. She checks her cupboards and has all the ingredients except...piggies! She hops on her broom and heads to Old MacDonald's farm to find some piggies for her pie, but where have they all gone?



The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks

It's Omri's birthday and his friend Patrick gives him a plastic toy Indian. Omri is not very thrilled about that until he locks the toy in his new cupboard and wakes up to the sound of...what? Someone moving around in the cupboard? What Omri finds when he unlocks the cupboard door will change his life and the adventures will begin.

This was one of my favourite stories growing up. I remember my mother reading it aloud to me and my little brother and just being on the edge of my seat with excitement the entire time. If you've ever dreamed of your toys coming to life, this is a book for you.

No comments: